A few small facts:
- I have taken a job at a scrappy little web startup called Google.
- The job is in Mountain View, CA. My start date is February 21st. This seems nearly inconceivable, but is true regardless.
- I am, as a result, in need of a short-term living situation in San Francisco until Miranda can join me out there. If you know anyone in need of a roommate between now and (most likely) June 1st, now would be a great time to tell me.
- Contrariwise, if you know anyone who would like to sublet a gorgeous pre-war 2BR-plus-dining-room in the Inwood neighborhood of Manhattan for around $1600/month, pets welcome, probably available around May 1st (but this is negotiable), please drop me a line.
- Once I get to SF, I will probably also need, god help me, a car. If not immediately, then certainly very soon. I may well just break down and buy a Prius, but if anyone has leads on a reliable used vehicle, I’d certainly appreciate them.
- I’m having a going-away party on 2/11. If you haven’t gotten an invite, it’s not because I don’t love you, but because I’m a spaz. Let me know.
- This flash video is incredibly amusing, and I cannot stop watching it.
That is all for now.